INVITATION FOR TENDER/EXPRESSION OF INTEREST(EOI) FOR THE EXECUTION OF 2018 CAPITAL AND CONSTITUENCY PROJECTS.
ADVERT NO.: UBEC/2018 CONST. PRJS/UBEC NA/PU/NCB/ES/OF 7TH/2018
The Federal Government of Nigeria has Appropriated Funds for the implementation of 2018 Capital and Constituency Projects. In that regard therefore and in compliance with the Federal Government guidelines on public procurement, the Universal Basic Education Commission invites reputable contractors, service providers with relevant proven competence and experience to submit tenders or expression of interest documents for the execution of these projects. Bidding shall be conducted through National Competitive Bidding in accordance with bidding process as specified in the 2007 Public Procurement Act. Detailed information on the projects will be available as Lots to be contained in the Standard Bidding Documents that will be issued to bidders and firms.
The following supporting documents which are considered as key eligibility requirements should be provided in the technical bid:
- Evidence of Registration/Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Certificate including forms CAC 02 and CAC 07.
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificates for 2015, 2016 and 2017 valid till 31st December 2018 with a minimum of average turnover of N20m.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2018
- Evidence of current National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificates valid till 31st December 2018
- Evidence of current Industrial Trust Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2018.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and service providers by Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) on the submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 1/1/2019.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for years 2015, 2016 and 2017 properly stamped and endorsed by a reputable Audit Firm.
- Evidence of Financial capability to execute the projects including Reference letter from a reputable bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when awarded.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs successfully executed in the last three years (2015, 2016 and 2017) including award letters and Completion Certificate(s) for the same years.
- Evidence of Sworn Affidavit:
- disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant Committees of Universal Basic Education Commission or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder of has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars: and that.
- none of the directors of the firm has been convicted of any criminal offence relating to fraud, financial impropriety, falsification or acts similar in nature and to state that all documents used for this bidding are genuine.
- All Affidavits submitted must be deposed as described and properly addressed to UBEC. Any Affidavit that predates this Advert or addressed to other organisations will be rejected.
- All documents for submission must be properly bound and numbered with a well arranged table of contents with clear page numbering. All submissions must contain a forwarding/covering letter under the Company/Firm’s letter head paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), telephone number, email and contact address and the company’s bid price duly addressed to the Executive Secretary, UBEC. The company’s letter headed paper must bear the names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by an authorized officer of the firm. Any submission that does not contain all the above information will be rejected.
- Evidence of Ownership or Lease of Equipment.(This should be supported with MOU or receipt or invoice of purchase.
- All envelopes must be properly addressed and sealed. Any envelope not properly addressed including Lot numbers and project titles will be rejected/disqualified.
- All submissions must be brief containing only items listed above. Unnecessary narratives will not earn additional marks.
- Bidders are restricted to bid for a total of only Two (2) Lots in all packages.
- COLLECTION OF TENDER/EOI DOCUMENTS:
Interested companies are to collect Standard Bidding documents for Packages 1&2 only at the Procurement Unit ,UBEC Headquarters, No. 7 Gwani Street, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja Room 30. 1st Floor between the hours of 10.00 am and 2.00 pm, Monday to Friday on the payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00. Bid documents can only be collected upon presentation of the relevant receipt of payment to the bank.
The fee should be paid as follows:
Generate Remita Receiver Reference(RRR) in the format below:
Payer: Name of company,
Name of beneficiary (MDA): Office of Accountant General ( the small lettered one),
Service type: FGN IGR COLLECTIONS,
Phone No: 08033280580
GIFMIS Revenue Code: 1000103090
Brief Description: Technical/Financial Bids
MDA Name: Universal Basic Education Commission(UBEC)
Type of Payment: Tender Fees
Evidence of payment of N10,000.00 at any Commercial bank.
Note: Evidence of payment in the form of Teller and Printer from the Bank must be presented at Finance Department 2nd Floor UBEC Headquarters No. 7 Gwani Street, Wuse zone 4, Abuja for issuance of UBEC Receipt.
SUBMISSION OF TENDER/EOI
Prospective Bidders for Packages 1&2 are to submit one hard copy each of Technical and Financial Bids with soft copy of Financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as Technical Bid or Financial Bid. The soft copy of the Financial bid is to be inserted into the envelope containing the hardcopy of the Financial bid. Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to the address below:
For Package 3, the Original and Copy of EOI documents (Requirements 1-10 above) will be packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as EOI documents for Package 3. Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope also addressed to the address below:
The Executive Secretary,
Universal Basic Education Commission,
7 Gwani Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.
Attention: AD, Procurement
Furthermore, the reverse side of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder, the number and project title and drop in the designated Tender Box in the Conference Room as shown below. Any submission that did not comply with the above requirement will be rejected / disqualified.
OPENING OF TENDER/EOI DOCUMENTS
The Technical Bid/EOI would be opened as follows:
All submission of Bids/EOI would be opened immediately after the deadline for submission by 12.00 noon on October 3rd 2018 at the UBEC Conference Hall, 1st Floor, UBEC Headquarters No 7 Gwani Street, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.
Please note that UBEC will not be liable for any misplaced, wrongly submitted and unregistered bids/EOI.
Further enquiries/clarifications can be obtained from the Procurement Unit, Office of the Executive Secretary, at the above address between the hours of 10:00 am and 2.00 pm Monday to Friday. Alternatively, the Procurement Unit can be reached on GSM No 08133371834 or email@example.com.
for: Executive Secretary
1. All Prospective Bidders are advised to look out for the results of the exercise through text messages to the telephone numbers provided by the bidder, UBEC noticeboards and website (www.ubeconline.com).
2. The Universal Basic Education Commission is not bound to prequalify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with section 28 of the PPA 2007